August 4th, 2013 - 118 DAYS TO GO!
I (Courtney) have officially completed another major milestone in the engaged process - the bridal shower! And what an amazing bridal shower it was. I owe soooo much credit to my sister (and maid of honor!) Megan - she spent so much of her summer vacation creating all the adorable details that went into this day...and it came out better than I could even imagine. She decided on a "Pucker Up" brunch theme, which included everything citrus! Colors, flavors, etc...hence all the green (lime), yellow (lemon) and pink (my fav, grapefruit!) She definitely has a natural gift for creating beauty out of the simplest things...
Mimosa Bar
=
best. idea. ever.
![]() |
| Lemon mason jar flower vases! Everyone loves a good mason jar! |
![]() | |||
| Guests brought recipes for my new collection...and M hand-painted this box! |
I was totally blown away by all her effort. But, like any great event, there are always multiple masterminds behind it...and those lovelies would be my wonderful parents and amazing bridesmaids!
They rallied big time. Even my sweetest gal Karla, who has been so sick from her new pregnancy, showered it up like a CHAMP. I hope I have her strength when I am pregnant! I feel so blessed to have such amazing girls in my life. Wishing my 6th gal pal, Brianna, could have been here with us - she's currently living out her fashion dreams in New York City, and was unable to make the cross-country trek this time. Can't wait for her to be with us at the wedding!!! :)
![]() | |||
| Jenny, Paige, Me, Brittany, Megan and Karla (missing Bri!) |
I'm so thankful to my mom as well - she transformed her whole backyard into a citrus-themed wonderland...and just made everything so perfect. She's such a blessing.
![]() |
| Do we look alike? ;) |
And, OF COURSE, my dear sweet fiance and my daddy...who were our valet men. So. Darn. CUTE.
![]() |
| Twins...minus a few inches. ;) |
But we all know what the best part of any party is...FOOD. A LOT OF FOOD.


Donut rings & quiche for daysssss
![]() | |
| OH YEAH. |
![]() |
| Brittany, Paige & Jenny ROCKED these mini pancakes! |
![]() |
| Yummy parfaits by my future M-I-L :) |
![]() |
| Homemade strawberry/orange jam as favors thanks to my mama! |
I'm not a big game person, but my girls planned the perfect spin-off on the Newlyweds game - they asked Travis some questions, and then asked me the same ones to see if I could get them right! The best part - Megan FILMED his answers! I did surprisingly well...for those of you that REALLY know Travis, you know he doesn't usually give a straight-forward answer...so there was a little improv involved ;)
![]() |
| The answer was Shark, and I got it right! Woo! :) |
During gifts, all the guests filled out "Shower Libs", and T and I laughed a lot while reading them later that night!! We're going to make a scrapbook of them for laughs years to come!
![]() | ||
| I'll have to show some of the best answers later ;) |
Since we decided on a cozy Fall wedding, I was so glad that I was able to have that fun, summery feel at my bridal shower! And an excuse to wear a SUPER BRIGHT colored dress.
Best of both seasons. :)
All in all, it was a fantastic day. I wish I could post about every wonderful moment, but that would take too long :) Thank you to everyone who helped and came- it meant more than the world to me.
The countdown continues...CAN'T WAIT!!
![]() |
| Wow, I was I looked this tan in real life. And that sign was painted by Megan...love it. |
Until the next milestone,
C (+T).


















I had the best time ever celebrating you. Your mom, dad, sister, Travis, the bridesmaids the guests, your mother in law, the family they were all FANTASTIC! I cannot waitttttttttt for this wedding only 4 more months. Cant waitttttttttttttttttttt!!!!! You looked stunning by the way. I love you friend!
ReplyDelete:) Love you boo!!! I'm so excited for you and Travis! <3 Tiffy
ReplyDelete