I, however, am the blessed one to be able to spend another birthday with this guy. We met when we were just barely 21 year-olds...and oh boy, 21 seems like 10 years ago. This year was the big 24, and we know it's going to be one of the best years of our lives. We're ready to live it up big time before 25 hits and OLD (just kidding, we'll be young FOREVER).
This year kind of crept up on us - summer FLEW by - so I didn't really get the chance to plan anything epic. I LOVE birthdays - it's the perfect excuse to throw a party. After the super successful surprise party I threw Trav 2 years ago, I haven't quite been able to pull off the same level of awesomeness...but this year was pretty darn cool. Friends, family and food - fabulous.
Since he was actually born ON Labor Day, his birthday always falls right on that weekend. We did a birthday dinner with my fam on Sunday (Thai Beef Salad my mom makes is to DIE for), and we enjoyed what might be the last few nights of the summer where we can sit outside for dinner. Oh, and then THIS happened:
Unreal, right? Our Saratoga sky has been blowing our minds this summer. We love a good sunset.
On Tuesday, his actual birthday, his parents surprised him by taking us out to a restaurant that was totally new to us - The Cats Restaurant and Tavern in Los Gatos. It's right off Hwy 17 heading to the beach, just chillin' on the side of the road, looking like a little British pub. Turns out, it's this overwhelmingly cool country BBQ joint. The food was awesome and we're hoping to go back one weekend for live music!
![]() |
| Travis was WAY excited to take this picture. Life's rough. |
![]() |
| Our chicken was "fire-roasted". |
We ended the night relaxing around the fire pit, making s'mores and devouring the solid ice cream sandwich cake I made. Don't worry, it's totally healthy and contains NO calories.
![]() |
| This is healthy food...for your soul. |
![]() |
| Jumbo sized marshmellows for the s'mores! |
There's simply nothing better. I hope you had the happiest of birthdays, my dear! Cheers to a million more. :)
24 rulez!
C (+T).





No comments:
Post a Comment